Translate

Poems List

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Child's Cry

The oldest of five, so here I am.
Always home looking after them.

Why on me do they depend?
Why can't I play with my friends?

I just want to sing and twirl.
Always worried I'm just a little girl.

The stressfulness I shouldn't feel.
Is my life a dream this can't be real?

To be evicted I'm so afraid,
because the bills remain unpaid.

For discipline I only know how to hit.
I shouldn't have to put up with this.

Cooking, cleaning and washing their cloths.
I'm only twelve but this is the way my life goes.

Burned by boiling water for mac and cheese.
Mom's not home somebody help me please.

Either no food, no gas or no light.
The mice and roaches always in sight.

My mom I no longer respect,
because my life is full of neglect.

How can you have me raising your kids
and then try to scold for the things Ive did?

What ever mom leave me alone.
You don't know anything your never home.

Our father dead yeah pretty sad.
Guess I'm the fill in for my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment