Translate

Poems List

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Super Man


It’s been a while since love has knocked at my door.

Didn’t know I had it in me to love anymore.

As a middle child always felt alone.

Pregnant at 19 not realizing I would have to do it all on my own.

Thought he loved me for sure.

Now all alone I raise our daughter.



Then Super Man came along.

Handsome and smart.

Told me I was the one and that was the start.

To the breaking, and beating, and taking my things.

To my daughter witnessing the horrible sting.



To get away to leave impossible to do.

“No matter where you go I will find you.”

His persistence not one to test.

As he lay in my bed my name tattooed on his chest.



Now pregnant again carrying his seed.

Another little girl to witness what she doesn’t need.

Next time he comes at me I’ll beat him I know it.

Unless he kills me this time.

Then you will have to hear my story from the writing of another poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment